Sea Scout Program Structure and Roles
Sea Scout Roles
- Boatswain (pronounced: “bow-sun”). Functions as president; reports to the Skipper.
- Boatswain’s Mate for Program Functions as a vice-president; reports to Boatswain. Is responsible for planning and execution of activities.
- Boatswain’s Mate for Administration Functions as a vice president; reports to Boatswain. Is responsible for recruitment, open houses, activities brainstorming, advancement, and ceremonies.
- Yeoman Functions as the Ship secretary; reports to BM for Administration.
- Purser Functions as the Ship youth treasurer; reports to BM for Administration.
- Storekeeper Functions as the Ship officer in charge of equipment; reports to BM for Program.
- Media Specialist Functions as the Ship webmaster and social media/public relations manager; reports to BM for Program.
- Specialist A Ship officer with a specialized duty, in our case maintaining close communications with the Auxiliary; reports to BM for Program.
- Chaplain’s Aide Maintains relations with the churches that let us use their facilities, organizes and directs all ceremonies (of any type).
- Crew Chiefs. Supports the Boatswain, leads crews, gets RSVPs, collects fees with Purser.